Goals of the Study
This Study Will Collect:
This Study will Collect:
- The data sent to Facebook pixels as you browse
- The URLs of the web pages you browse
- The time you spend browsing pages
- The presence of Facebook login cookies in your browser
- A study survey that the user completes
- Metadata on the URLs your visit:
- The full URL of each webpage that you are on
- Time spent browsing and playing media on each webpage
- How far down the webpage you scrolled
In addition, your Rally demographics survey responses will be combined with study data for the analysis.
Note: Only deidentified metrics and models will be exported from our secure environment. For additional information about our data collection, view our metrics definition file in our open-source codebase.
How We Protect You:
- This study will not share granular measurements data with third parties.
- All efforts to aggregate and analyze the data will be done in Mozilla’s secure analysis environment. After the completion of the analysis, we will delete all raw data.
- All reporting by The Markup will only use aggregated, anonymized data.
Additional information provided for protection: We are committed to data minimization as a design principle in all of our studies. This means we only try to collect exactly what is required to support our study goals, and nothing more.
About our Collaborator
The Markup is a nonprofit newsroom that investigates how powerful institutions are using technology to change our society. They are a new kind of media organization, staffed with an unparalleled roster of quantitative journalists who pursue meaningful, data-driven investigations. Learn more about The Markup.