Top email security software providers to use
We use emails on a daily basis to communicate with one another, whether it’s for business or for personal use. The information we exchange through emails is often sensitive, confidential and one which we would not want others to know about. Over the years, it’s become clear that whilst email remains one of the most effective instant communications, it does raise security and privacy issues. That’s why companies have started to develop email security solutions.
Email security software provides the fundamentals needed to protect your inboxes. From protecting against threats like malware, phishing, spam, or a virus to even extending protection over the content you pass. There are many email security solutions to choose from, let’s have a look at the top 5.
1. Proofpoint Email Protection:
Proofpoint is a global market-leading cybersecurity company that aims to protect employees and their data from advanced threats and risks that target email, social media, and mobile. Proofpoint has proven itself to be one of the best email protection software. It was recognized in the 2021 Gartner Market Guide for Email Security and in 2022’s Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Information Archiving.
- Advanced Reports with metrics like phishAlarm, TRAP, VAP isolation, and more.
- Business Email Compromise (BEC) defence blocks Malware and non-malware email threats such as email fraud.
- Get visibility into people to identify Very Attacked People (VAPs.).
- Access to an advanced ML technology (NexusAI) to accurately classify spam, phishing emails, Malware, and more.
- Identify and block advanced Malware with multi-layered content analysis, reputation analysis, and sandbox.
Proofpoint’s flagship product is Email Protection— a unified Email security solution that aims to defend users against advanced email threats and guarantee business continuity. The software provides different capabilities ranges, from fundamental email protection to advanced components like email fraud defence, threat response auto-pull (TRAP), Sendmail open-source, and more.
Mimecast is a developer of cloud-based email protection and cybersecurity tools. Their Email Security tool uses a holistic approach to cybersecurity, allowing it to prevent (before an attack), provide business continuity (during an attack or failure), and recover data (after an attack occurs). The product will identify and block spam and phishing and also protect from targeted threats like spear-phishing, ransomware, impersonation, and other similar attacks.
- Protects internal tools and increases security awareness.
- Stops BEC (Business Email Compromise).
- Identifies and stops brand impersonation.
- Automation and orchestration integrations (+70 APIs).
- URL and attachment protection.
- Archive filtering service for securing email accounts.
Mimecasts’ email protection service uses a massive grid infrastructure with geographically dispersed data centres for processing and storing emails. The highly-scalable Mimecast Mail Transfer Agent provides intelligent email routing based on the location of the server or user.
Tutanota is a German-based software company that has developed an email protection solution for businesses and individuals. It is the world’s first end-to-end encrypted mail service that encrypts your entire mailbox. Tutanota is on a mission to fight for privacy and freedom of speech online.
- Green email: The privacy-friendly encrypted email service Tutanota relies entirely on green electricity. You can now use your Tutanota mailbox, knowing that all your private emails are also green!
- Encrypted search
- Zero-knowledge calendar
- Secure connect: (It allows you to inject a code into your website that creates a contact form as secure and private as Tutanota is)
- Email aliases
If storage is important and you like to keep a backlog of emails then Tutanota does not offer a lot of storage space in the free version. Tutanota offers customer support only for paid users. Tutanota takes no chances when it comes to end-to-end encryption between users and non-users.
ProtonMail uses its Swiss location to take advantage of the DPA and DPO acts. Switzerland is renowned for being a neutral territory – being outside of US and EU jurisdiction. Offering some of the strongest privacy protection in the world, their 1993 Federal Act on Data protection strictly prohibits any processing of personal data without explicit consent.
- Encrypt for Outside users
- Customer support for both paid and free users
- Securely displays embedded images
- Over 20 languages
- Message expiration
- Secure calendar and file storage
5. Siccura Mail:
Siccura Mail is a versatile software tool that delivers the ultimate privacy and security to your email content, including attachments. Harnessing powerful encryption technology, Siccura Mail works with every primary email provider, including Gmail, Yahoo and Microsoft. You simply have to sign up, and it automatically starts to encrypt the contents of every email you receive.
Siccura Mail also protects email attachments, encrypting every file type to render to them impregnable. Banking communications, online purchasing information, personal messages and passwords.
- Default encryption on email content including attachments
- Automatically blocks recipients’’ access to download, copy, forward or take prints of content.
- 24/7 real-time logs of who, what, when and where the email was accessed
- Zero Knowledge Guarantee
- Business use
- Mobile and desktop friendly
Email security is critical in this day and age, and it’s important to make sure that your email conversations are as secure as possible. We’ve looked at some of the top email security software providers, and we hope it helps you to choose which one is right for you.
Protect yourself – and your customers – by using email security software as the number of email threats are increasing. Don’t let your email be exposed; start protecting it today!